- Born in Longueuil, Quebec in 1968.
- Grew up in Fort George/ Chisasibi, Quebec.
- Father of two.
Mission Saint-Joseph and James Bay Eeyou School.
- Cegep diploma in Fine Arts at Heritage College, Hull, Quebec.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Art History and a minor in Studio Arts, Concordia University,
- Profession: Adult Education teacher at Sabtuan Continuing Education in Chisasibi, Quebec.
- 2003 Centre D'exposition de Val-D'Or, Quebec. Transmission/Presences.
- 2004 Mitchuap Community Centre, Chisasibi, Quebec. Transmission/Presences
- 2005 La Grande Bibliotheque Nationale Du Quebec, Montreal Quebec. Artists'
Books: Written images of the First Nations
- 2007 The Canadian Guild of Arts and Crafts, Montreal, Quebec. Horizons ( Solo Show)
- 2007 La Grande Bibliotheque Nationale du Quebec, Montreal, Quebec Parcours Identitaires (Group Show)
- 2008 FOFA Gallery, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec. Izhiizkawe: To Leave Tracks to a Certain Place.(group
- 2010 Chisasibi Community Recognition Award in Art for promoting arts regionally, nationally,
- 2003 Cree Regional Authority-Board of Compensation award for highest overall mark among Cree University
students in Fine Arts.
- 1999 Cerificate of Achievement in Recognition of excellence in Fine Arts Heritage College.
- 1999 Best Print (etching) in student-end-of-program-exhibition. Heritage College.
- 1998 Cerificate of Achievement in Recognition of the highest overall average for a non-graduating student in Fine Arts.
- March 2010, Terry Gates, "Community Recognition Awards "Winners", Washkimaashtau, Chisasibi, Quebec.
- July 2003, Doris Blackburn," L'art autochtone en vedette au Centre d' exposition de Val-D'Or, Echo. Val-D'Or,
- July 2005, Gina Mushynsky, "Montreal festival celebrates First Nations", Indian Country Today.
-June 2007, "Horizons aquarelle et collage sur papier", Presence Autochtone.
-May 2007, Martine Letarte, "Presence Autochtone-Premieres Nations en Direct", Le Devoir.
- May 28, 2007, "Jean-Pierre Pelchat en Solo: Aquarelle Polemique", L'Aut' Journal.
- June 2007, Melanie Paul-Hus, "Question D'art, question d'origine...",CNW Group